We are all just prisoners here, of our own device.

7 Jun 2012

Common People


Επειδή εξακολουθεί να με συγκινεί κάθε φορά που το ακούω

She came from Greece she had a thirst for knowledge,
she studied sculpture at Saint Martin's College,
that's where I,
caught her eye.
She told me that her Dad was loaded,
I said "In that case I'll have a rum and coca-cola."
She said "Fine."
and in thirty seconds time she said,
"I want to live like common people,
I want to do whatever common people do,
I want to sleep with common people,
I want to sleep with common people,
like you."
Well what else could I do -
I said "I'll see what I can do."
I took her to a supermarket,
I don't know why but I had to start it somewhere,
so it started there.
I said pretend you've got no money,
she just laughed and said,
"Oh you're so funny."
I said "yeah?
Well I can't see anyone else smiling in here.
But she didn't understand,
she just smiled and held my hand.

You'll never live like common people,
you'll never do what common people do,
you'll never fail like common people,
you'll never watch your life slide out of view,
and dance and drink and screw,
because there's nothing else to do.

Sing along with the common people,
sing along and it might just get you through,
laugh along with the common people,
laugh along even though they're laughing at you,
and the stupid things that you do.
Because you think that poor is cool.


Θα ήθελα να μπορούσα να σου γράψω κάτι, αλλά δεν μπορώ να το κάνω. Εμπνέομαι από αρνητικές καταστάσεις, ωστόσο όμως η καινούρια μου αναισθησία κάνει καλή δουλειά. Οπότε αυτό είναι για εσένα που ακόμα και από τέτοιες αποστάσεις συνεχίζεις να με προβληματίζεις  εντυπωσιάζεις με αυτό το ακόρεστο αίσθημα.

Να προσέχεις
...δεν πρόλαβα να στο πω εχθές

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i sing along with the common pepole!!!! I SING BAD AND I SING ABOUT BULLSHIT AND I KNOW IT BUT I DONT CARE CAUSE I SING WITH THE COMMON PEOPLE. I DONT CARE AS LONG AS I SING WITH THE COMMON PEOPLEE X)))
THATS ENOUGH FOR ME..
TO SING WITH THE COMMON PEOPLE
ITS FINE!
Its alright..
:)